Suifuel 80's & 90's Music Is So Good Its Suifuel

I love the music, those were the best eras of music and I realize that even though I was not even around for it, the music of my era and forward will always pale in comparison, its not even remotely comparable, the music of that time sounded angelic, the music today just feels "mechanical", like its lifeless, so forumalic, like they have music production "down to a science" and that's exactly why it no longer "feels like music".

You can just hear the difference in the music compared to today (lets not even bring up genre's like rap and hip hop, that shit is bad on its own lol), they all sound so graceful, deep and meaningful, its bewitching, it always fills you with this mellow feeling, and that is the worst mindset to be in when you're a nihilist and black pilled, because your mind really starts racing about life, its meaning, the point of existence, where your life is now, where its going, how terrible reality is contrasts with how beautiful the music is, and it fills you with this deep feeling of regret for having been born in this universe and not in the one where the embodiment of this music is what is reflected in reality.

The music is so good it makes the reality it exists in shit by comparison, everytime I hear a song like "Africa" by "Toto" or "Don't Dream Its Over" by "Crowded House" it starts off good because it sounds so amazing and then it sets in, its too good for such a shitty reality, existence feels that much more bad in comparison, I literally just stumbled across another 80's song from a band I've never heard of and you just hear the vocals and the way the music sounded in that time, and it really hits you, this is something "magical".

It might just be that music was composed in the past utilizing certain instruments, rhythms, frequencies, etc that affect the brain a certain way, like a specific wave length, IDK, but that's just the effect it has on me. I always start having existential thoughts from the music or start reflecting on life and whats out there for all of us, if there's anything to even look forward to.

Song I Stumbled Upon:

There are also some black pilled ones, I wonder if the guys back then ever thought whoredom would reach this point:

Last edited:

mathmet

I highly disagree. I found most 80s and 90s music was largely garbage.

Especially the stuff I grew up listening to, such as grunge, punk rock, metal, and a lot of crappy sounding pop. I hardly listen to any of it anymore.

mathmet

I always start having existential thoughts from the music or start reflecting on life and whats out there for all of us, if there's anything to even look forward to.
Back in the day when I was younger, I use to think this ^ way. Especially when I use to be a musician and attempted the rockstarmaxx thing.

As I got older, I came to the realization that most musicians were rather low iq in regard to intelligence. If they were not musicians, they were not much different than working class guys at happy hour. Certainly not deep thinkers or intellectual types.

As I got older, I came to the realization that most musicians were rather low iq in regard to intelligence. If they were not musicians, they were not much different than working class guys at happy hour. Certainly not deep thinkers or intellectual types.
I think you misinterpreted what I was saying, I was saying the music makes you think deeply, not that the musicians themselves were deep thinkers.

mathmet

I was saying the music makes you think deeply, not that the musicians themselves were deep thinkers.
In this context, the only music which was a "catalyst" for inducing me to think more deeply, were various Bach pieces played on a pipe organ (such as Tocatta and Fugue).

adolf512

Most old music is shit but, it may seam to be better due ti cherrypicking.

One common issue with new music is the loudness war, the CD version tend to be worst in that respect.

Most old music is shit but, it may seam to be better due ti cherrypicking
Cherry picking?, I don't get this point, none of the cherry picked songs of today are any good when compared against the music of that time period.

Ever notice that all the songs that people say sound great today, are those that reflect the melodic qualities of past music, rather than usual music structure/patterns of today, that's not a coincidence.

adolf512

Cherry picking?, I don't get this point, none of the cherry picked songs of today are any good when compared against the music of that time period.

Ever notice that all the songs that people say sound great today, are those that reflect the melodic qualities of past music, rather than usual music structure/patterns of today, that's not a coincidence.
Most people have shit taste which is why there us so much trash on the radio.

Most of the music i listen to was made after year 2000 but i have run out of decent music now so i rarily listen.