Genderqueer is to gender what NEET is to profession

Leucosticte

Staff member
Administrator
If you fail at every job, then you wouldn't really describe yourself in terms of what profession you're in. E.g. you wouldn't say, "I'm a lawyer" or "I'm an accountant" or "I'm a a plumber". You would just say, "I'm a NEET".

It's the same way with gender. If you fail at being both a man, and at being a woman, then you fall into the genderqueer category.

In times of economic depression, there will be more NEETs. In times when relations between the sexes aren't going well, there will be more genderqueers.

We might call these people "losers" which is true, but society helps make them lose.

adolf512

If you fail at every job, then you wouldn't really describe yourself in terms of what profession you're in. E.g. you wouldn't say, "I'm a lawyer" or "I'm an accountant" or "I'm a a plumber". You would just say, "I'm a NEET".

It's the same way with gender. If you fail at being both a man, and at being a woman, then you fall into the genderqueer category.

In times of economic depression, there will be more NEETs. In times when relations between the sexes aren't going well, there will be more genderqueers.

We might call these people "losers" which is true, but society helps make them lose.
I never fitted into the stereotypical male role except for my STEM interest. Sometimes i wish i could transition to become biological female but i will not become MTF.