Experiment If the sites(s) are down

feminismiscancer

Staff member
Administrator
I have noticed that if you use tor browser at times when the sites are unavailable, you can often get through. (not even using an onion address, just the regular domain name)
This is more evidence that the problems are due to censorship occurring on some network routers, as depending which route a packet follows, it either reaches our server or not. This is the most pernicious form of censorship I've witnessed online. It's so subtle that it is hard to prove.

On another note, if even that doesn't work, then try the onion address: https://nvwd5g6yjslfkmvh.onion/
This only works for blackpill.is for now, as vhost separation is harder on onion addresses.
This only works on a tor browser so don't bother clicking it on a regular browser.

Last edited:

mathmet

I've noticed this behavior too. If a particular tor route can't connect here, I'll try another route which might or might not work.

Keep on changing the route, until one that connects here.

I don't know whether it is just flaky behavior on the part of the intermediate nodes on a particular tor route, or if it is indeed outright deliberate censorship.

feminismiscancer

Staff member
Administrator
It's deliberate censorship imo. When during an IPv4 outage I'm ssh'd in via tor or IPv6, I can ping some IP like Google's infamous DNS 8.8.8.8 but not my home IPv4 address for example. A netstat does not reveal DDOS or SYN flood either.