If you're a loser, why do you choose to play games all day instead of killing yourself

Leucosticte

Administrator
What's the advantage of living that kind of life; how is it enjoyable if you have no mission that makes you feel productive?

You are unlikely to get any monetary benefit from playing games, for most people it's sometying they instead spend money on.

It just feels pointless to me, sure you might reach the next level in a game but how does it make your life better? most people will never come close to becoming pros.

mathmet

Back in the day after I was canned from my first job out of college, I ended up wasting all my time playing pc video games like grand theft auto 3 and vice city. Even after finishing vice city with 100% completion, I ended up just playing the game over and over again. It just seemed mindless.

As mentioned in another thread, video games fell by the wayside when I came to the realization that I couldn't figure out how to use the xbox360 controllers properly. What led me originally to buy an xbox360 was primarily to play Grand Theft Auto 4 (gta4). At the time, I read a lot of bad reviews about how the pc version of GTA4 was a complete half-assed botch job.

After a few years of playing gta vice city over and over again, it wasn't so exciting anymore. It felt more like an annoying addiction like smoking cigarettes, than anything resembling "enjoyment".

Leucosticte

Administrator
Back in the day after I was canned from my first job out of college, I ended up wasting all my time playing pc video games like grand theft auto 3 and vice city. Even after finishing vice city with 100% completion, I ended up just playing the game over and over again. It just seemed mindless.

As mentioned in another thread, video games fell by the wayside when I came to the realization that I couldn't figure out how to use the xbox360 controllers properly. What led me originally to buy an xbox360 was primarily to play Grand Theft Auto 4 (gta4). At the time, I read a lot of bad reviews about how the pc version of GTA4 was a complete half-assed botch job.

After a few years of playing gta vice city over and over again, it wasn't so exciting anymore. It felt more like an annoying addiction like smoking cigarettes, than anything resembling "enjoyment".
I've been playing Novalogic Mig-29 lately. (I got it from the Pirate Bay.) It's so realistic it's hard to even master, because the controls are so complicated. I'd almost rather have a flight simulator with civilian aircraft, but I haven't found such a sim with a crack that I could figure out.

mathmet

I've been playing Novalogic Mig-29 lately. (I got it from the Pirate Bay.) It's so realistic it's hard to even master, because the controls are so complicated. I'd almost rather have a flight simulator with civilian aircraft, but I haven't found such a sim with a crack that I could figure out.
Going on a tangent, I really never got into the hardcore piracy thing.

Even for something like grand theft auto 3 and vice city, I actually purchased the original packaged cdrom discs. In those days, you had to keep the gta cdrom disc in the cdrom drive in order for the game to play in the first place. Eventually I found some "no-cd" cracks to the gta3 and gtavc main binaries, which could play the game without the cdrom disc in the drive.

For junk like music and movies, I still purchase the actual cd or dvd (or bluray) discs whenever they were on sale (ie. $5 bargain bin stuff) or at nearby charity thrift shops.

Leucosticte

Administrator
Going on a tangent, I really never got into the hardcore piracy thing.

Even for something like grand theft auto 3 and vice city, I actually purchased the original packaged cdrom discs. In those days, you had to keep the gta cdrom disc in the cdrom drive in order for the game to play in the first place. Eventually I found some "no-cd" cracks to the gta3 and gtavc main binaries, which could play the game without the cdrom disc in the drive.

For junk like music and movies, I still purchase the actual cd or dvd (or bluray) discs whenever they were on sale (ie. $5 bargain bin stuff) or at nearby charity thrift shops.
If I had an income, I might buy games.

I used to rationalize pirating with the company being bad but now i just think "i need that money elsewhere", i do not play much games anyway.

btw: I might buy my first software soon to get a bigger edge when it comes to poker, would pirate if possible.

Leucosticte

Administrator
I used to rationalize pirating with the company being bad but now i just think "i need that money elsewhere", i do not play much games anyway.

btw: I might buy my first software soon to get a bigger edge when it comes to poker, would pirate if possible.
Even if you pirate the software, you're providing a benefit in a way, because you tell all your friends, "That game is cool" and then maybe some of them will buy it.

Mainländer

The Alpha Gigachad
Staff member
Administrator
I feel attachment to life. Even though it's fucked, it's all I know. Also the people and stuff. Music, incel sites, etc.

I also fear becoming a vegetable or something like that from a failed suicide attempt.

And for the final reason, I want to see how events will develop. Will the west fall within our lifetime? Will things collapse? Will society just become worse and worse? who knows.

Leucosticte

Administrator
I feel attachment to life. Even though it's fucked, it's all I know. Also the people and stuff. Music, incel sites, etc.

I also fear becoming a vegetable or something like that from a failed suicide attempt.

And for the final reason, I want to see how events will develop. Will the west fall within our lifetime? Will things collapse? Will society just become worse and worse? who knows.
Okay, so you're basically the core kind of member of Incels.co, because all of that stuff probably describes them.

If you had assistance from the right person, they could ensure your non-survival of a suicide attempt. But it can be hard to arrange that kind of help. With a method like what I'm using, terminal dehydration, it can't fail, unless you get rescued. So it all comes down to finding a spot that's secluded enough, like somewhere in the wilderness.

Inceptor

Oh believe me its going to collapse in our lifetime, not only that its going to collapse within 15 years. Time goes so fast.

Inceptor

Okay, so you're basically the core kind of member of Incels.co, because all of that stuff probably describes them.

If you had assistance from the right person, they could ensure your non-survival of a suicide attempt. But it can be hard to arrange that kind of help. With a method like what I'm using, terminal dehydration, it can't fail, unless you get rescued. So it all comes down to finding a spot that's secluded enough, like somewhere in the wilderness.
I thought you stoppe with that?

Mainländer

The Alpha Gigachad
Staff member
Administrator

You're doing it again?

Vergil

Dehydration hurts.

A lot. I couldn't even breathe or sleep after I stopped eating and drinking for two days.

I almost ended up as a vegetable myself (almost had a respirator too) in a completely separate attempt.

Leucosticte

Administrator
Dehydration hurts.

A lot. I couldn't even breathe or sleep after I stopped eating and drinking for two days.

I almost ended up as a vegetable myself (almost had a respirator too) in a completely separate attempt.
I'm two days into it and I don't feel that way. In fact, the symptoms are going away somewhat (I don't have a moderately strong headache anymore, which I had as I was withdrawing from caffeine; now it's just a mild headache).

You get used to it. I've done this many times.

You are unlikely to get any monetary benefit from playing games, for most people it's sometying they instead spend money on.
Play something that involves in-game curreny. You can make a living out of it by trading game currency and virtual items for BTC. It's not really my thing since I lost interest in games after SNES. Maybe if they invent something like The Oasis I'll get back into it again.

I want to see what happens too. That's why I'm on a longevity diet. We could live outside of all this if we work together towards getting off the grid.

Dying could be less boring than living, though.
Jesus dude. I never understood why suicidal people don't just do all the things they've been afraid to do for so long. Why can't you transmute your apathy into liberation?