It's such BS when people say, "I can't assist your suicide because I might go to jail"

Leucosticte

Administrator
Assisted suicide is a consensual crime (if it's even a crime; not every state makes it a crime), which means you have total freedom/flexibility to get whatever cooperation you need from the person whose suicide you're assisting. You can choose whatever time and location would be most convenient. E.g., it could be in the middle of the woods with a shotgun. Then it's just a matter of disposing of the body. Bury it six feet under in the woods; why is that so hard? You can even prepare the grave ahead of time.

Do you really think it's beyond your ability to carry out an execution, with the "victim's" help, and then dispose of the body? If that's beyond your ability, then how do you go about functioning in life and carrying out whatever tasks you need to carry out, to exist in this world?

Yeah, I'm looking at you, @GuyDuck . Let's suppose I were to tell you, "I need a pound of weed. Can you get that for me?" You could probably arrange it, for the right price, since it's a consensual crime. You would just need to get on your cell phone (maybe a burner phone, if you're cautious/paranoid) and make it happen. Even if you were worried about going back to prison, it would probably just be a matter of my saying, "There's gonna be an extra $300 for you, for arranging it."

I see people go back to prison for looking up CP on their cell phones. They don't care about that risk, apparently. Don't believe me? Look at Don Egan. Or heck, look at Andre Ralph Haymond. That's what his supervised release violation was for.

Bottom line is, you wanna look at CP, because you like CP, but you don't wanna help me kill myself, because you don't want me dead. That's all it boils down to. It has nothing to do with risk. And saying, "I think you should be allowed to kill yourself" doesn't help much either unless you're gonna actually, say, join an organization like Exit International.

SuperCheatBros

Trueblackcel KHHV, Weebs.is Director
You consented to ending your life, so why not? It isn't a crime to get someone sick with their consent tbh.

AstralWarrior

Find some 3rd worlder that wants to come to 'murica, I bet he would be more than happy to kill you and all your family in exchange for keeping the house and everything.

KickDaBucket

I see a flaw with your reasoning.
If I sell drugs or dl cp, it’s for my own benefit. I may have miscalculated the risk-reward ratio but it’s still what it is.
If I kill somebody and there was no personal motive then it’s just that, doing you a colossal favour you won’t ever be able to return.
Add to that the fact that I already couldn’t stand high school, which is jail light, and it’s easy to see there’s only drawbacks to it.
It’s not like there don’t exist peaceful suicide methods or something.
Partnering otoh is a different ballgame since I get to die as well.

Leucosticte

Administrator
I see a flaw with your reasoning.
If I sell drugs or dl cp, it’s for my own benefit. I may have miscalculated the risk-reward ratio but it’s still what it is.
If I kill somebody and there was no personal motive then it’s just that, doing you a colossal favour you won’t ever be able to return.
Add to that the fact that I already couldn’t stand high school, which is jail light, and it’s easy to see there’s only drawbacks to it.
It’s not like there don’t exist peaceful suicide methods or something.
Partnering otoh is a different ballgame since I get to die as well.
How is it a colossal favor? How hard is it to pull a trigger and bury a body out of sight, when you have the full cooperation of the person in going with you to the location where this is going to happen? Isn't there plenty of unused land out there, where no one would hear a gun go off, or think to try to dig up a body, if the grave were deep enough?

KickDaBucket

How is it a colossal favor? How hard is it to pull a trigger and bury a body out of sight, when you have the full cooperation of the person in going with you to the location where this is going to happen? Isn't there plenty of unused land out there, where no one would hear a gun go off, or think to try to dig up a body, if the grave were deep enough?
I think I’ve heard of too many complex crime cases that suddenly get solved because of a very minor detail or how new technology allows to solve an old case to want to commit one.

fukurou

Administrator
Bit you have to live with the regret and the maybes

Leucosticte

Administrator
I think I’ve heard of too many complex crime cases that suddenly get solved because of a very minor detail or how new technology allows to solve an old case to want to commit one.
And what about all the ones where the guy got away with it because he buried the body 6' under in the woods rather than in a shallow grave that someone's dog would find, or under his concrete walkway that he laid near his house? They don't show those on the forensic science TV shows, because they want to showcase their successes, not their failures.