LifeFuel Music Thread

I'm not too sure of any that openly refer to the works in their music, but I imagine the Martial Industrial and Neofolk scenes would yield the most here. Stuff like Sol Invictus.

Getting very good. That first track is maybe the best development of your sound so far. The newer stuff reminds me of a darker take on 90s lo-fi. If you took Five Starcle Men, The Dead C, etc. and crossed it with Godflesh.

Punk and Metal are more or less both in the enemy's hands by now.

Saccharine Trust and The Birthday Party are great bands but they're also bugman classics (similar to what you mentioned about Rudimentary Peni) - they were both highly feted on RYM and all the soy punk forums I browsed when I was a teenager. In particular, they liked to gush over Rowland S. Howard, when I've long thought that the guitar playing is the least compelling aspect of their music.

You might get a kick out of this too:

Nick Cave to Brian Eno: "Boycotting Israel Is Cowardly and Shameful"
oh for fucks sake, typical Cave being a contrarian bully. but whatever, let them fling shit. though I found that Five Starkle Men shit on some net label, this is weird shit, like Throbbing Gristle using warped guitars instead of synths for instruments. Fossil Fuel were on that netlabel too. bands like them, Sockeye and Anal Cunt made fun of people constantly. too bad Seth is dead. though Howard is great in his own way, bugman or not.

oh for fucks sake, typical Cave being a contrarian bully. but whatever, let them fling shit. though I found that Five Starkle Men shit on some net label, this is weird shit, like Throbbing Gristle using warped guitars instead of synths for instruments. Fossil Fuel were on that netlabel too. bands like them, Sockeye and Anal Cunt made fun of people constantly. too bad Seth is dead. though Howard is great in his own way, bugman or not.
Five Starcle Men are kind of like a trailer park Shadow Ring. Charming stuff: "if I was a spaceman, I sit around town, make funny joke, if I dared to grasp, I would be yes or no"

RS Howard was a good songwriter, but I never understood all of the accolades he'd get for his guitar playing. It was fairly spare and basic. He had a band after the Birthday Party that was quite good too though:

I think its because it blended blues, free jazz and rockabilly. though Brian Egeness of Die Kreuzen would emulate that in a thrash/post-hardcore vein. Brian's the bigger influence on me than him.

bruce1

Chad
Administrator
Most blackpilled song ever written

I am merely the product
Of the life that I've lived
An amalgam of sorrows
And the wisdom they give

But the weight has grown heavy
And its dragging me down
It's so hard not to sink now
But I don't want to drown