What Jumpgirl (and Werewolves) taught me about negotiation

Leucosticte

Administrator
Never cave in to the person who's like, "Well, if we can't get along, maybe we should just go our separate ways." We caved in a bit (when she said she was scared of @Vergil ) and she still ended up leaving. Vergil too saw that in Werewolves, when he tried that strategy of, "Just go ahead and lynch me; I don't care; I just want out," and they caved in, they got fucked. WWViewer :: LiveView

When people act that way, you can't let yourself get dismayed; you gotta stay strong and stick to your guns and make them justify their position rather than just putting fear into you that they're gonna walk away, and letting them manipulate you into thinking you're the one who's being unreasonable and missing out on a good opportunity or whatever.

Who knows, maybe when you cave in, it just repels people (especially girls) because they're repelled by weakness. So in trying to accommodate them, you actually push them away, and the very loss you were afraid of ends up happening.

If you're dealing with someone who has a habit of saying, "Maybe I should just go away," or "Maybe we should break up," etc. (depending on the nature of your relationship with them), probably they're eventually going to go away no matter what you do, or at the very least, there are going to be relationship ruptures where they go away for awhile and then come back. They're already indicating they have the potential to be disloyal.

It's this way in the work world, too. If an employee says, "I'm gonna quit," and you give them a counter-offer and they accept, they're probably still going to quit before too long (typically six months, or a year, or whatever). The Truth About Counter Offers

Another thing about Jumpgirl was, she just didn't want to be exposed as a whore. It was the same way with Dahlia. I'm just getting tired of dishonest people. If you're going to be a whore, just be an out-and-out whore. Don't play with men's feelings by pretending to be more virtuous than you are. But chicks feel justified in being that way because the man they're attracted to act that same way toward them, being deceitful man-whores, or whatever the word would be (slut-makers?)

Last edited:

GameDevCel

Mr. Edgy McEdgelord S.T.A.L.K.E.R
Who knows, maybe when you cave in, it just repels people (especially girls) because they're repelled by weakness. So in trying to accommodate them, you actually push them away, and the very loss you were afraid of ends up happening.
that sums up it pretty well, girls are disgusted by guys that get obsessed over them

Leucosticte

Administrator
Florelle needs rape more than any girl I've run into this year, that I can think of

For all the cockteasing she did, rape is her just reward

Vergil

I wasn't negotiating.

I was calling their bluff and convincing them that getting rid of me was a mistake.

It was just another form of salesmanship.